At HelloSign the Security and Privacy of customer data is our #1 Priority
At HelloSign, each of your documents is stored behind a firewall and authenticated against the sender’s session every time a request for that document is made. All communications use TLS (Transport Layer Security) encryption. Your documents are stored and encrypted at rest using AES 256-bit encryption.
In addition, each document is encrypted with a unique key. As an additional safeguard, each key is encrypted with a regularly rotated master key. This means that even if someone were able to bypass physical security and access a hard drive, they wouldn’t be able to decrypt your data.
- All HelloSign documents are encrypted at rest using AES 256-bit encryption
- For any document in transit to be signed, all communications are encrypted using TLS
- All backups are encrypted
- HSTS is enabled (HTTP Strict Transport Security)
- HelloSign uses 2 levels of document encryption – Each document is encrypted using a unique key (a document encryption key or DEK), and that DEK is then encrypted using a master key that is regularly rotated